Dundee Ceramics Workshop offers access to both the public and to our members, however there are a range of benefits to being a member with us.
Members have access to the following facilities and opportunities at DCW:
- Bookable work stations within the workshop, including access to wheels, tools and other facilities as they are installed (e.g. mold making facilities)
- Access to clays, glazes, slips and other materials
- Support from workshop assistant and technician
- Access to kilns and members shared firing events
- Free entry to monthly members events including artists talks and workshops (booking still required)
- 10% discount on evening/weekend classes
- Participation in membership projects including workshops and exhibitions
- Participation in the Tin Roof annual members show exhibition
Cost of membership
Ordinary membership – £35 per year
Concession – £25 per year (students, graduates up to one year after graduation, the unemployed or underemployed)
Pop-in session fee (up to 2 hours) £2.50
Daily session fee £5.00
Fees for 1-1 tutoring with the technician are £25 per hour, plus the cost of any materials or processes used.
Firing fees for private kiln hire
Bisque or earthenware glaze (upto 1060ºC) £14.00
Earthenware and mid-range (upto 1200ºC) £22.00
Stoneware (upto 1260ºC) £36.00
Classes will be paid in advance and will cost £160 for a block of 7 evening classes (6-8pm). All materials, tutor time and firing costs are included in the price of the class.
To sign up for membership, please read and sign the following contract and return it by email to email@example.com